Recipe and Pictures By: Sonya Khanna
We started off making some cookie dough to eat with a spoon. It turned into adding more ingredients and baking cookie bars!
Cookie dough recipe:
-1 can of chickpeas rinsed and dried
-3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
-1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
-1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
-2 tbsp nut butter
-1/4 cup cashews soaked for at least two hours (then rinsed and drained)
-3 medjol dates soaked for 2 hours then drained
- Add all ingredients to the blender except the chocolate chips. Blend until smooth and creamy.
(if you want to bake as cookie bars, add the following additional ingredients and preheat the oven to 325 degrees)
-1 tbsp of vegan butter
-2 medjol dates
-1/4 cup of finely chopped pecans
Finely chop dates and pecans in a food processor. add in butter and cookie dough. Pulse the processor until the mixture is completely combined.
2. Whether you are making the cookies with the added ingredients, or just the dough, mix in the chocolate chips.
3. The dough is ready to snack on and put right into the oven! Grease the pan with vegan butter or coconut oil and sprinkle a little flour over top of that to keep the cookie from sticking.
4. Spread mix evenly in a 6 x 2 round pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
For the Coconut Cream:
- Refrigerate 1 can of coconut milk overnight to allow the cream to separate from the water.
- Remove cream from the top of the can. Put in a blender with 2 tsp of stevia.
Pour the coconut cream over your gooey cookie dessert and enjoy! ♥