Recipe, Photos, and Article By: Sonya Khanna
Here’s how to make the perfect summertime treat. It’s super simple to make and store in your freezer for any sweet tooth occasion!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3-4 medjool dates
- 1 small handful chopped pecans
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend pecan in a food processor until finely chopped/ground. Add all dry ingredients and dates to the food processor. Pulse until dates are evenly chopped. Add all the wet ingredients.
- Roll tablespoon sized balls. Smash just a bit with palms to give the cookie a lightly-flat circular shape onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 7-10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool and store in fridge/freezer.
- After an hour or so scoop one small-medium scoop of vegan ice-cream(I used store bought maple peacan this time) in between two cookies.
And there you have an easy, delicious, healthy, summertime treat!