By: Sonya Khanna
I was hungry for a cooked meal for lunch today, but only had a short amount of time, so I whipped up this easy dish!
I was so creamy and filling it fit right into the category of “comfort food” and was very satisfying!
1 cup Quinoa
1 1/2 cup chopped vegetables (onions, peppers, mushrooms)
1/2 cup of cauliflower (blended in food processor until finely ground)
1/2 cup organic salsa
2 garlic cloves
1/3 tsp sea salt
For the sauce:
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup (vegan)/ raw honey
1/3 tsp cayenne pepper/ 1 tsp hot sauce
- Lightly saute the chopped vegetables with the garlic.
- Cook the finely grated cauliflower with the quinoa in a separate pot.
- When the quinoa is almost done, add the salsa and mixed vegetables to the mix. Allow it to sit for another minute on simmer.
- Add all sauce ingredients to the food processor.
- When the quinoa mix is done, add the sauce to it and serve!
This mix is great for a main dish, a side dish, over greens on a salad, or in a wrap!